Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Time Flies When Your having FUN!!!

Wow I can't believe the New Year is almost here.
Since my last post we have gone none stop. The girls, Debi and I did some Christmas Baking. They did the cookies 4 different kinds, while I made a pineapple upside down cake, hay stakes, rice treats, candy cane bark, and Allie and I made Chocolate covered toffee.
In our house the gift opening starts very soon. I usually start on the 20Th. The girls get to open one gift a day. This way they are not overwhelmed with everything at once. They get to really enjoy each gift for a day. Also, less mess to pick up. Then on Christmas Day they get their stockings and Santa's gift.

On Christmas Eve The Clymens' Families along with the The Plilers and Grandpa had a very good time eating, exchanging gifts, and Playing with the WII. Yep I finally broke down and bought all 3 of my kids a video game system. I have to say I have really enjoyed it myself.

Christmas Day we woke up around 8:30 and the girls headed down to see what Santa left for them. We also made sure that the girls knew what The True meaning of Christmas was by telling the Christmas story in their own words. Dena and Uncle Rodger came over for Brunch at around 11:30. After they left we went to the movies to see Marley and Me. Going to the movies on Christmas Day has become a tradition since we moved here to Tennessee. That first Christmas my ourselves was very quiet and lonely so this is what we came up with to fill in the time. I was quite surprised with amount of people that do this. Marley and Me was really good although I left the theater felling drained from crying. Go and see this movie especially if you have a dog. You will gain a whole new appreciation for your furry friend.

Friday was Tommy's parents last day here in Tennessee. We dropped them of at @ 2:00, then the girls and I headed home to get ready for round 2. Friday night we headed out to Knoxville to pick up the Boys and my Mother. Their flight was suppose to come in at 10:47. It ended up arriving at 12:13AM. We were so tired the next day, poor Tommy had to work.

My ABC Club is back together :-). A= Allie and Ashley, B= Brent and Brandon, C= Clymens/Curran. The kids have really enjoyed playing together. It has mostly been in pairs. Allie and Brent, Ashley and Brandon. When have gone shopping, went to see Bedtime Stories. I played a game of Life with the girl's and Brandon. The things that came out of their mouths during that game cracked me up. Ashley " But I don't want to get Married", Brandon " I've been wronged" (when he had to pay for a lawsuit). Allie " Why didn't I get a baby" She worries me.
My Aunt and Tommy haven't been felling to good so we didn't get a chance to go to Bristol for the light until last night. We also took them to the dancing lights right down the street from Bristol. Brent said he like the light there better. He's into that high tech stuff.
Today is New Years Eve, we are keeping it low key this year. Probably just spend most the night with Family, the WII and good food.

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and has a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Here are some slides from the past week


0 comments: