The week didn't start out too good for me. I woke up at around 1:00am in pain. My stomach was bugging me, it has for a while, but It really hurt. I was also having the feeling in my chest that you get when someone scares you reel good. My heart was racing and skipping. I must have been having a crazy dream. So anyway off to the doctor I went. All turned out OK he gave me a prescription to help with my stomach issues. I thought I would get a few hours of sleep when I got home from the doctor, but then banging on the door... dazed and confused I went to the door, it was the girls, they had been sent home form school early because of the snow storm that was heading our way. Luckily the meds the doctor gave me had kicked in so I was feeling a little better.
Tuesday, Wednesday and now Today there has been NO SCHOOL. Which is fine by me. Gives me some extra home time and the girls have really been enjoying the time off too. Allie's friend Weldon has been visiting playing in the snow with the girls. I think Ashley is having more fun than Allie. Don't get me wrong, Ashley is in NO WAY interested in boys, She just likes to play rough and do sporty stuff like boys do. She says it's like having Brandon here to play with her :-(.
So while the kids have been outside in the freezing cold, I have been curled up with a book I got from Lifeway. "5 Conversations you must have with your Daughter".
What brought this on you may ask... well Allie is going through some changes. we even had the "Who's the Boss" moment. You know that 80's TV show with Alyssa Milano and the "Pink Bow". That was me and Allie at Walmart. She has also been on a emotional roller coaster. I wasn't expecting this for at least 2 more years. Please pray for me and Allie.
Well the slide show is some pictures I have taken of the kids playing in the snow this past month. Enjoy!

Thursday, February 5, 2009
Snow, Snow and More Snow!!
Just keeping you updated Love AshNAlMom at 10:10 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
I got that book for Christmas, but haven't started it yet. I have a little more time than you, though. The author wrote another book a few years back called "His Girl: Raising a godly daughter in an ungodly world." Our church library has a copy. I highly recommend it! Also, go to her blog: http://virtuealert.blogspot.com/ It's wonderful. Plus, she's a speaker at a mother/daughter event you might check out. I wanted to get a group of moms and youth together for one when I taught the middle school girls in Sunday school. Just never got around to it. I'll pray for you!
Bless your heart!!! You get this stuff down pat so you can help me when Rylee goes through it. ;)
I hope you feel better. We have been in seclusion...Jett & Rylee have strep and Davis will probably have it by morning. UGH!!
Post a Comment