From my Aunts we went home to change then met the Wallens and McKays at the mall for the fireworks. The fireworks were a huge disappointment but the company was good so no harm done. We all had a good time. Duffer had brought lots of glow sticks for the kids, but I think the BIG KIDS had the most fun with them. We had a very late night with the Wallens playing dominoes. til 3:30 AM! We ended up having a major sleepover since all 7 kids were already passed out. I was so tired the next day I didn't even want to get up but it was Ashley's 8Th Birthday and I had stuff to get. She finally decided after learning that the weather was not gonna be good for the pool that she wanted to go to Chucky Cheese and then back at home for BROWNIE Sundaes (YUM) instead of cake. She got lots of horse stuff and had a great time and that's all that matters.
Sunday after church we headed off to Chattanooga to visit with my Stepmoms family. It was a nice mini vacation. Monday went to the Chattanooga Aquarium. It was beautiful. Allie LOVED the Penguins, Ashley was all about getting to pet a Shark and Sting Ray. We also went to see a 3D movie on dolphins and whales. My dream is to actually swim with Dolphins but this was pretty close. It was amazing! Tuesday we went to a cook out and swam all day. I was a nice visit.
Yesterday after we got back home we did have intentions on going to the block party for our church but when we drove by we noticed that we were VERY early SO we headed to the Duncans to kill some time and visit them before they go on vacation. We ended up staying there until late last night. Kelly made a awesome dinner with LOTS of home grown vegetables. I wasn't too thrilled at first about the menu. I am NOT a vegetable person. But I was pleasantly surprised and even had seconds, it was yummy!
I will post pictures as soon as I get them downloaded. I hope you all are having a safe and fun summer!






1 comments:
Sounds like you all had a blast in chattanooga...I am so glad.
Thank you for offering to go to Nashville with me! You are such a good friend...I want to swim with dolphins too...maybe we will just have to settle on getting another tattoo first...haha.
Looking forward to tonight...thanks for "counseling" me last night...hehe.
Post a Comment