Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, July 18, 2008

What's been going on

Well despite Ashley's best effort...

Our Family visit came to a end.

We had a very good visit with them. I forgot my camera for most of the time, which I could kick myself for.

The visit with my dad was very different from the last time he was here. But it was still good.

Since my last post we haven't done too much. Ya right, we stayed busy. Fun Fest started this week with the parade and just like last year Jennifer and I went out early to save to spots before her doctor appointment. From there we took My Family to the city of Jonesborough. We walked the streets and went in a few stores. The girls really liked the candy store. I played Ms. Pacman while they shopped. I think the girls got tired of me taking pictures of them but I loved the scenery so I didn't want to pass it up. After we got home I made the girls rest up for the Parade then at about 5:00 we were off.

Saturday morning Allie woke up with a fever so we chilled at home for the weekend. Mamaw came back from her visit with her Family and her Sister and Brother in law stayed the night too. We played dominoes till early in the morning (again). Sunday Allie was still sick so I stayed home from church with her and the rest of the day we just chilled out. Monday I took Al to the Dr's. It is just a virus but since she had a fever I made her stay home from Blake's party. Tommy went with Ashley and had a good time. Tuesday we took the kids to the Duncan's to feed the goats and horses. Then we went back home to get ready for the cook out I planned for my family before they had to go. My dad was really happy because he got one last visit with most of his favorite Tennessee People. He said he thought James was gonna break his neck when he hugged him (in a good way). He also said he it made him feel really good and loved by all that came. So I give a big Thank YOU to the Fox, Allen and Wallen Families for coming. He (and me) really loves you all. I tried to make the last night last as long as we could, we even stayed up to watch the final Bourne movie.

Well Wednesday was very hard and came all to fast. We too them to the airport to see them off. It was a tearful and quiet ride home. I sent the girls up for a nap. At around 6:00 i woke them up to get ready for the Movie at FunFest. Allie woke up with another fever so Tommy stayed home with her. Nicole picked Ash and me up. After we got the food we found a place to sit. It was so crowded. I am so confused about how all this Fun Fest stuff works, so I am so grateful that Nicole is an OLD PRO at it all. Of course after we go situated the girls had to go to the bathroom so off I went to find one. When we got back the Fox Family along with our youth pastor and his family where there too. Sadly they didn't stay long. I can't blame them, it was hard to watch the movie with everything else going on. We stayed because the kids where having fun running around. I was just happy that Ash was having a good time too. Of course when we got home that all changed, her tears started again. My goal this week is to keep her busy and happy for the most part. wish me luck!

Check out the slide shows from our visit and Ashley's Birthday

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Thanks for sharing. Looks like you guys had a great time with the family there. Hope Allie is all better now. Talk to you soon. Miss you all.

Nicole said...

We had a lot of fun this week!!! Poor Ashley...I hope she cheers up soon. Tell your dad he needs to start a blog so Ashley can check it daily!! :O)