To quote my Nephew Brent's last blog...This is a SAD DAY!
Here I am at home all alone... which by the way I would normally be thrilled about, BUT NO!! I am home sick. I am pouting and whining just like my girls do when they don't get there way. You may be asking "Why is being home sick such drama for me right now?" It all comes down to one word NASCAR. I should be at BMS right this very second (or at least in traffic getting there, it's the ONLY time I won't complain about traffic).
So let me take you back a few days. My friend Tonia called me Wednesday while I was shopping with Ashley to tell me to pack my backpack because her husband got tickets to go to the race on Sunday. I was SOOO excited, jumping up and down. Even the people at JC Penny's looked at me weird. I was on cloud 9. Tommy and I were both going to go and Tonia even offered to keep the girls. All was set. I called my friend Kelly to see if she would teach our Sunday School class, which she said was "No Problem." Thursday came along and I was going to go to a Jewelry Party but Tommy called and said the Tonia also got tickets to the Food City Family night. So I felt I needed to to the Family Thing instead. We had a good time...Lots of free stuff. Friday I finally got to talked to Jennifer, we had made plans to get together on Saturday. Then I was off to Tonia's surprise Birthday Party just for the girls.
Needless to say with Ashley's school musical performances on Monday and Tuesday night. We had a BUSY WEEK. I guess I had to much fun...Saturday morning when I woke up I felt like I was hit by a truck. Coughing, sneezing, chilling then sweating and runny nose. When lunch time came around it was decision time. Go to the race and rick getting worse or play it smart. I didn't want to get worse because of my trip coming up to California. So I made the painful decision to not go.
I also had to cancel our plans with the Fox Family, Ashley went to a friends house to spend the night. This was her first time, which also makes me sad. I am happy for her that she is finally spreading her wings, but she is Mommy's Girl, always wanting to stick close to me.
So now it is Sunday. Tommy and Allie went to the race. Ashley is still gone. So that just leaves me and my box of Kleenex.

Here I am at home all alone... which by the way I would normally be thrilled about, BUT NO!! I am home sick. I am pouting and whining just like my girls do when they don't get there way. You may be asking "Why is being home sick such drama for me right now?" It all comes down to one word NASCAR. I should be at BMS right this very second (or at least in traffic getting there, it's the ONLY time I won't complain about traffic).
So let me take you back a few days. My friend Tonia called me Wednesday while I was shopping with Ashley to tell me to pack my backpack because her husband got tickets to go to the race on Sunday. I was SOOO excited, jumping up and down. Even the people at JC Penny's looked at me weird. I was on cloud 9. Tommy and I were both going to go and Tonia even offered to keep the girls. All was set. I called my friend Kelly to see if she would teach our Sunday School class, which she said was "No Problem." Thursday came along and I was going to go to a Jewelry Party but Tommy called and said the Tonia also got tickets to the Food City Family night. So I felt I needed to to the Family Thing instead. We had a good time...Lots of free stuff. Friday I finally got to talked to Jennifer, we had made plans to get together on Saturday. Then I was off to Tonia's surprise Birthday Party just for the girls.
Needless to say with Ashley's school musical performances on Monday and Tuesday night. We had a BUSY WEEK. I guess I had to much fun...Saturday morning when I woke up I felt like I was hit by a truck. Coughing, sneezing, chilling then sweating and runny nose. When lunch time came around it was decision time. Go to the race and rick getting worse or play it smart. I didn't want to get worse because of my trip coming up to California. So I made the painful decision to not go.
I also had to cancel our plans with the Fox Family, Ashley went to a friends house to spend the night. This was her first time, which also makes me sad. I am happy for her that she is finally spreading her wings, but she is Mommy's Girl, always wanting to stick close to me.
So now it is Sunday. Tommy and Allie went to the race. Ashley is still gone. So that just leaves me and my box of Kleenex.

Tommy and Ash At Upward Awards Night


















3 comments:
I really hate that you didn't get to go to the race. I know how much you were looking forward to it.
But, you will see that you did the right thing.
It was rainy and cold at the race...that would have only made you feel worse.
You still got to watch it, just in the comfort of your home.
Just think...in just a few more days you will feel all better again...and getting ready to go to CALIFORNIA to see your family!!! Yipeeeeee!
Talk to you tomorrow.
I Love you
I am very sorry to hear you are sick and didn't get to make it to the race. I know you were looking forward to it! I hope you feel better soon!
love ya.
christy h.
I am sorry you didn't get to go to the races, Jayme! I would have been devastated too! We have decided to skip the spring race from now on because the weather is always so yucky. We are going to camp out in the fall though and stay all weekend. Now you can just look forward to that race!
Hope you feel better! Hope you have a great trip to CA also...the plane ride is the worst part!! :o)
Post a Comment