Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas 2007 beware it's a long one

Sunday December23 after church were were going to go to Dollywood but that didn't work out so after the evening service our friends The Duncan's came by to exchange gifts and have pizza. It was kind of funny because Kelly walked in with a little wagon. I told her to beware she might lose it delivering gifts in the wagon that I wanted. She had it out for Brianna and Aleah's birthday and I feel in love with it. So anyway she said I was silly because that was my gift... she had got one for me. It is too cute. I was thrilled. We also had a girl from church spend the night. So I think we got to bed around 11:00.
Well Christmas for us always starts on Christmas Eve morning. I got up at 6:00 to head out to pickup the Honey Baked Ham (LOVE THEM). Tommy and the girls were still in bed when I got home. Ashley was actually the first one up so I gave her a little present...her Unicorn Webkinz and Tommy got some Blueberry Jam from the honey baked ham store (he loves it!) Allie got her Penguin undies. We always spread out the gifts so they aren't to overwhelmed Christmas morning. I started cooking around 1:00 because we had to be at Dena's by 4. Needless to say I was a little stressed because this year I was determined to make everything by scratch(minus the ham) Potatoes Au Gratin and Mac & Cheese (no Boxes) The hard part was figuring out which recipe to use I had about 3 different ones on the counter.
Jennifer called while I was in stress mode to say they were stopping by to exchange gifts. They came by around 3:00. Mr. Blake was too cute when he walked in with Ashley's gift. He dropped it on the floor took out everything and said "look what we got you Ash" It was a blue monkey and other animal s purse. She loved it! Jarrett and Allie did their thing. He is the only boyfriend Tommy will allow. He got Al a stuffed penguin and Loves Baby Soft perfume. She did a lot of giggling... which is Allie's thing. Jennifer made the BEST candy and cookies for us. We almost ate everything right then but we had to get to Dena's.
So off to Dena's we went. We ate, the girls opened their gifts then we watched The Bourne Ultimatum- GREAT MOVIE. I love Bourne! We left @ 9:00 to go to the Peters house to exchange gifts with them and pick-up the BB Hoop they were storing for us. We got home around 10:30. The girls put out cookies for Santa (Thank You Fox Family Santa loved them!)
Tommy stayed up to put together the BB Hoop (poor daddy).
I woke everyone up at 8:00, Tommy read the Christmas Story from the Bible before we opened gifts. Dena and Uncle Rodger came by at 10:30 to have breakfast. Before eating we prayed and then sang Happy Birthday to Jesus. The girls spent most the afternoon outside playing Basketball. Uncle Rodger said it was pretty bad that his great niece was better than him...way to go Ashley! We finished the evening off going to the movies to see National Treasure 2..it was a great movie.
So that was our Christmas. I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas Too!
LOVE YOU

Here are a few pics

Ashley with Julie her American Girl Doll
Allie with her doll she named Molly
Both girls at the Salon with the dolls...Thanks Aunt Julie, Uncle Bri and Boys
Tommy with his Best Friend Max
The girls' with Max...Where's Herbie?..outside, he doesn't know how to behave.

0 comments: