Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, June 6, 2008

The Sun

This had been one HOT week!

The girls and I have been enjoying the past few days(aside from the constant bickering). Monday night after their game Tommy took them out on the boat and met up with a few people for the field that live on the lake. I enjoyed some little me time. My mom radar however went off when Allie informed me that they jumped off the roof into the water. Come to find out this family has a diving board off the top deck the goes over the lake.

Tuesday Allie started tutoring. We had planned to go to the pool but with the weather being on the cool side I did my laundry while the girl's did some arts and crafts. That night the girls had VBS.

Wednesday I caved and took the girls to the pool. It was warm but with the cool breeze, I kind of forgot to reapply the sunscreen. Yep I got burnt. I didn't notice it until I was setting on the couch and wondered why I was so hot. Looked in the mirror and just shock my head. I know better. I am the one always preaching about the sun. Lesson Learned.

Yesterday I decided to let my skin heal a bit. The girls and I went to visit Dena, Uncle Rodger and Teddy. We had lunch then headed out downtown to try out Discovery Ice Cream . It was yummy. I do have to say that Marble Slab is still my favorite.

We got home just in time for the girls to go to there softball game. This time they tied, so as of right now they are still undefeated. It was a hot night though. I brought my beach umbrella to keep the sun away. It was kind of funny when I turned around most of the parents were huddled behind me to take advantage of the shade too!

This morning Allie has tutoring again and then we are off to the pool with sunscreen in hand. They have another game tonight so this time we are bringing the canopy for everyone to enjoy the shade.

I hope you all are having a great week.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Sounds like you guys have been busy. Thanks for sharing and keeping us updated.

Hey, can you still get into my blog? I had to make it private because I was getting weird comments. Did you get my emails about it?

Jennifer said...

Ok...I HAVE to kid you a little tiny bit!!

YOU...Jayme...the SUNSCREEN QUEEN....WITH A SUNBURN! I just heard GASPS all over the world!!!!

I am seriously considering dethroning you from your SUNSCREEN QUEEN status!!!!

Sorry....I couldn't resist!

You know you have a big smile on your face right now don't cha??!!! Huh..Huh??!!!!

You know I love you!!

Jennifer said...

Ps...

I like the pictures of the girls that you added to your sidebar. VERY NICE!